Customs importer Code UAE / Import Export Customs Code
A Custom Importer Code is a code issued by the UAE Customs Department to a business entity that allows it to import and export goods from the rest of the world or from a free zone to the mainland of Dubai. Within Dubai, any company with a valid import code can import or export. The Client Relation Section of Dubai Customs usually approves the Customs Importer Code.
Businesses interested in importing or exporting goods to Dubai need to register their business in Dubai Customs and receive a import code. In order to obtain a code, a valid trade / commercial license issued by a competent authority in the U.A.E. is mandatory for businesses.
In the UAE, why is a customs client code required?
It is, in a word, the law. Your application should be filed through the Dubai Trade Portal and once it has been evaluated and payment received, an electronic code will be created.
Documents Required to Obtain Importer code :-
- Valid trade license copy.
- A Copy of the passport, visa and Emirates ID of the authorized person.
- A letter of undertaking for companies with a professional license only.
- Once an importer code has been received, it should be renewed annually
Documents Required to Renew Importer code :-
- Valid trade license copy
Who qualied for a customs code/customs importer code?
- Any UAE trading firm with a valid license is eligible to apply for a Customs/Import-Export Code.
Cost of customs client code/ customs importer code:-
- AED 100 is the new Customs Client Code.
- Existing Client Renewal Code: AED 25.
To Know more about customs import code. kindly contact below:-
Alma Cargo Forwarding and Clearing L.L.C
Email:-Alsahal@emirates.net.ae / Info@almacargouae.com